5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2008 1:53 PM by (Ben_Geldreich)

DNG Preview in Bridge CS3

I recently converted all my NEF's (from a Nikon D70s) to DNG files using Adobe DNG Converter 4.3.1. I use Lightroom to do most all of my cataloging and post processing however I went into Bridge the other day for the first time in a while and noticed that I none of the DNG have a preview other than the standard .DNG adobe icon. Why? Am I missing something I've gone through preferences of both Bridge and the DNG converter. Bridge sees the .NEF files perfectly.

Cheers
      Ben
        • 1. Re: DNG Preview in Bridge CS3
          Greg Barnett Level 2
          Try purging the Bridge cache for the folder where youre not seeing the previews.
          • 2. Re: DNG Preview in Bridge CS3
            Level 1
            Greg,

I tried that before posting, I had the same thought but it's not just one of my folders all DNG files have no preview in Bridge CS3. Any other ideas?

Ben
            • 3. Re: DNG Preview in Bridge CS3
              Greg Barnett Level 2
              Ben,

Couple of ideas -

Is Bridge is totally up-to-date?

Have you tried resetting your Bridge preferences? Hold down the Option key (Mac Alt on Windows) and launch Bridge. You should get a dialog box that will give you the option to trash the prefs.

If that didnt fix it, are you sure that the Camera Raw plugin is installed correctly and working? You mentioned that Bridge displays your NEF previews but do they open into CR? If all is well with CR, then the next thing Id try is copying a few of the DNGs to a new folder and then do some quick edits to them. Make sure the Camera Raw preference under DNG File Handling is set to Update embedded JEPG previews. That will force a new preview to be built. If you still cant see them, Im out of ideas other than the more drastic step of reinstalling Bridge...

Hope that helps-

Greg
              • 4. Re: DNG Preview in Bridge CS3
                Level 1
                Greg,

I tried all of your suggestions except the reinstalling of Bridge and none of them worked, so unless someone else has a solution I will try and reinstall Bridge.

Cheers
                Ben
                • 5. Re: DNG Preview in Bridge CS3
                  Level 1
                  To add to this. I now noticed that Bridge doesn't display .tif files as well. I read on a Bridge forum that there was a bug and it had to do with Bridge Beta unistal. I formated the HD when installing leopard so don't think that's an issue. Anyone have any other ideas?