Page numbering in Table of Contents generated by cfpdf is
inconsistent. No matter what I do, some PDFs keep showing up in the
Table of Contents as page 1. So the pages go like this:
I am concatenating PDFs to form a book, using the processDDX
functionality of cfPDF. The cover and divider pages are generated
with cfdocument, while the PDFs are scanned docs that have been
uploaded and file information loaded in a database table. In some
cases, there evidently are page numbers already embedded in the PDF
files. The relevant portion of the ddx is this (see attached code.
The query qBook returns the document titles, which stage of the
process they are in, etc.
Each file path has been registered in an input struct, so
'doc#qBook.currentRow# is the specific file path. )
I have tried using ddx to apply the <NoBookmarks/>
parameter to uploaded PDFs and resaving them before putting into a
book, but that does not work –they retain page numbering when
assembled into a book. I tried applying LiveCycle’s
<NoPageLabels/> directive, to remove page labels (including
page numbers), but that evidently is not supported by the
stripped-down version of LiveCycle in ColdFusion.
The functionality otherwise is great; however, the client
does not want the funky page numbering, which I can understand!