0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2008 8:39 AM by john isaacks

customizing horizontal axes for LineChart

john isaacks Level 1
      Q1:
      ok I want to make my chart able to handle 1 month, 1 year or any number of months. if I use 1 month I can just the the date as the horizontal access (eg 1 - 31) but if I am using 2 months that would be confusing as it would be 1-31 twice, but if I prefix the date it would be a waste of space (eg Feb 1, Feb 2, Feb 3) the month really only needs to be listed once, so is there a way to horizontally cut the graph into sections by month, then list the dates horizontally for each month. I hope this makes since.

Q2:
      The graph is going to have 2 lines on it, comparing this year with last year. but we also need to show the days. so if it is the 24th, it needs to say what day the 24th is this year and what is was last year. Ideally I would like it to list like this:
      1 2 3 4
      Mo Tu We Th
      We Th Fr Sa
      then have the dates colored in black but have the day names colored the same as the corresponding graph line color. I hope this makes since.

I would really appreciate any help or clues or pointing me in the right direction to find out how to do this.
      THANKS!!!