1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2008 9:49 AM by Newsgroup_User

Debug Session Issue

caroach
      I am having an issue with Flex Builder 3's debug session. All has worked fine up until now, and seemingly at random. When I debug an application, the session seems to terminate as soon as the application loads. However, if I place a break point in the INIT handler, the session behaves as expected. But, as soon as I resume past the break point, the session automatically terminates with no error. I have read about the mm.cfg file thinking that it might be the cause, but the application will trace a string before the break point, leading me to believe this file is not the issue. Also, I have tried creating a new project thinking the current project could be the issue. Not only does the new project behave the same, but older projects that have worked before are now behaving the same. Is this a common issue?

EDIT: I have uninstalled Flex and reinstalled it with no luck. I am using the debug version of Flash 10, but have tried reinstalling the debug version of Flash 9. All attempts have the same result...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Debug Session Issue
          Level 7

"caroach" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:genasm$lec$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am having an issue with Flex Builder 3's debug session. All has worked
          >fine
          > up until now, and seemingly at random. When I debug an application, the
          > session seems to terminate as soon as the application loads. However, if
          > I
          > place a break point in the INIT handler, the session behaves as expected.
          > But,
          > as soon as I resume past the break point, the session automatically
          > terminates
          > with no error. I have read about the mm.cfg file thinking that it might
          > be the
          > cause, but the application will trace a string before the break point,
          > leading
          > me to believe this file is not the issue. Also, I have tried creating a
          > new
          > project thinking the current project could be the issue. Not only does
          > the new
          > project behave the same, but older projects that have worked before are
          > now
          > behaving the same. Is this a common issue?
          > Any help is appreciated!

Try this:
          http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flex/3/releasenotes_flex3_fb.html#clean_work space