1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 9:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

Charting Data / XML sorting function

TheStonecutter Level 1
      I'm a getting stuck and could use some guidance. For purposes of an easy example, I'm trying to build a dashboard style app that displays student test scores, over time, in multiple subjects, and compared to a national average. The problem is that my XML data is displayed as listed below.

What I want to do is let the user select what they want to see charted. For example, the user selects "math tests" from a combo box and a column chart displays all math test scores for the month of November. I thought I could do this with a dataFunction but I'm not seeing exactly what I'm looking for.

What I want is to say chart all <test data> where <TestName>=Math and <Month>=November.

Please point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time.
        • 1. Re: Charting Data / XML sorting function
          Level 7

"TheStonecutter" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ggjv66$4lt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm a getting stuck and could use some guidance. For purposes of an easy
          > example, I'm trying to build a dashboard style app that displays student
          > test
          > scores, over time, in multiple subjects, and compared to a national
          > average.
          > The problem is that my XML data is displayed as listed below.
          >
          > What I want to do is let the user select what they want to see charted.
          > For
          > example, the user selects "math tests" from a combo box and a column chart
          > displays all math test scores for the month of November. I thought I
          > could do
          > this with a dataFunction but I'm not seeing exactly what I'm looking for.
          >
          > What I want is to say chart all <test data> where <TestName>=Math and
          > <Month>=November.

http://dispatchevent.org/roger/as3-e4x-rundown/