1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2008 12:32 PM by MATTANDIE

import multiple swf files from external list

Gav4500
      Ok, I'm pretty new to actionscript. I can't seem to find help on what I need to do by searching in Google. Perhaps I'm using the wrong keywords in my search?

I need to load multiple .swf files into a master .swf file. Sounds easy, just use the loadMovie function right?

Here's the hard part, I need to import a .txt or .xml file which specifies what movies to load and what order they load in.

After an imported swf has played to the end of its timeline, the main master .swf would look to the .txt or .xml file to see what files comes next.

Any help with this would be great or at least a point in the right direction.

Thanks.
        • 1. import multiple swf files from external list
          MATTANDIE Level 1
          Gav,

It looks like you have a lot of things you want to get accomplished.

To get started, I would start with the text/xml file. Load that first.

Once that is loaded, use a 'for loop' and put that data into an array of objects.

Then use that as the basis for the rest of your code.

The idea here is that you load the data externally and then work from within flash instead of frequently going back out to your external file to get the next set of information.

I am not sure what you have been using to search for answers so you might want to try some of these.

"flash loading text or xml"
          "loading images swf dynamically"

I got lots of hits on each of these.

In reference to your last statement :

quote:

After an imported swf has played to the end of its timeline, the main master .swf would look to the .txt or .xml file to see what files comes next.

This is relatively easy to do. I suggest you look up '_currentframe' and '_totalframes' in the flash help to get you started on that.

I hope this helps.