1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2008 6:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

fixed tabel cells (both width height)?

tingvar
      My customer wants to edit/insert new content in a table on her site. I fixed the cell heights and widths by entering the respective pixels in the property inspector/code. However, when more content is added, the cells still expand.
      I inserted the table in a layer, so the width is no longer an issue i think, but the height of the table still is. (auto overflow, or 'hidden' is not the way we want to solve this since she does not want to have a scroll bar).

Is it possible to absolutely fix the table/cells so that my customer needs to adapt her tekst/input to the cell, instead of the cell/table adapting to her input? (=her preference!)

Thanks for your help!
        • 1. Re: fixed tabel cells (both width height)?
          Level 7
          > However, when more content is added, the cells still expand.

If you put a 200px tall image into a 100px tall cell it will expand.
          There's no practical way to prevent it.

> I inserted the table in a layer, so the width is no longer an issue i
          > think,

Putting the table into a layer wouldn't change anything. Now the layer will
          expand too.

> Is it possible to absolutely fix the table/cells so that my customer needs
          > to
          > adapt her tekst/input to the cell, instead of the cell/table adapting to
          > her
          > input? (=her preference!)

No.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"tingvar" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g9m1sb$4tk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > My customer wants to edit/insert new content in a table on her site. I
          > fixed
          > the cell heights and widths by entering the respective pixels in the
          > property
          > inspector/code. However, when more content is added, the cells still
          > expand.
          > I inserted the table in a layer, so the width is no longer an issue i
          > think,
          > but the height of the table still is. (auto overflow, or 'hidden' is not
          > the
          > way we want to solve this since she does not want to have a scroll bar).
          >
          > Is it possible to absolutely fix the table/cells so that my customer needs
          > to
          > adapt her tekst/input to the cell, instead of the cell/table adapting to
          > her
          > input? (=her preference!)
          >
          > Thanks for your help!
          >