2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2008 12:17 PM by whertzing

Any suggestions for "button-plus-dropdown"?

whertzing
      Many UIs have a button attached to a small "down-arrow" on it's right; clicking the downarrow causes a drop down panel to appear with check boxes or radio buttons, that allows you to modify the behaviour of the button when pressed.

Are there any ideas out there for a way to create a similar control for Flex? I have a "GetDataButton", and I want to let a user select one of two options "GetDataFromCache" and "GetDataFromSourceandUpdateCache". I would prefer not to waste the real estate on two seperate buttons...
        • 1. Re: Any suggestions for "button-plus-dropdown"?
          Level 7

"whertzing" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g967hi$n6k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Many UIs have a button attached to a small "down-arrow" on it's right;
          > clicking
          > the downarrow causes a drop down panel to appear with check boxes or radio
          > buttons, that allows you to modify the behaviour of the button when
          > pressed.
          >
          > Are there any ideas out there for a way to create a similar control for
          > Flex?
          > I have a "GetDataButton", and I want to let a user select one of two
          > options
          > "GetDataFromCache" and "GetDataFromSourceandUpdateCache". I would prefer
          > not to
          > waste the real estate on two seperate buttons...

Do a search of the Help for PopUpMenuButton. Or ComboBox may be what you
          want.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Any suggestions for &quot;button-plus-dropdown&quot;?
            whertzing Level 1
            Thanks very much. The PopUpMenuButton was just what I was looking for.