5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2008 12:37 PM by Newsgroup_User

Rounded Edges

cripaustin Level 1
      Hi. I posted not to long ago about how to create smooth looking boxes with rounded edges.

I get the CSS for it but I have difficutly actually creating the images (the rounded corners).

I use photoshop E3.0 but dont have much success.
      Can anybody give me a brief step by step guide on how to create the images? Thanks
        • 1. Re: Rounded Edges
          Level 7
          I am not an artist, but in my graphics program
          I create a circle with a radius twice the size of my top, side and bottom
          graphics
          and then apply a radial gradient
          and then I slice it into quarters producing my four corners

"cripaustin" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g9bjdn$m34$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi. I posted not to long ago about how to create smooth looking boxes with
          > rounded edges.
          >
          > I get the CSS for it but I have difficutly actually creating the images
          > (the
          > rounded corners).
          >
          > I use photoshop E3.0 but dont have much success.
          > Can anybody give me a brief step by step guide on how to create the
          > images?
          > Thanks
          >

• 2. Re: Rounded Edges
            ed19 Level 1
            My question would be what exactly are you trying to do? I only ask that because you mentioned css.

But if you are simply trying to make a rounded rectangle in photoschop, that would be in your toolbar usually on the left side. It will look like a box, but by clicking the little arrow you'll get more options > select the rounded rectangle. Draw the box with your mouse and then you can select one of the corner points and stretch it to make it more rounded or less.

I'm not sure if that was what you were asking about, if not - reply again
            • 3. Rounded Edges
              cripaustin Level 1
              ed19. the problem with that is that when it gives me a block and even when i duplicate the layer and move it in a pixel and change it to the same colour as the background, to produce a single curved border, my curved edge is really faint and blurry and doesnt hold up with the 1px black borders in DW. i will try Ken's idea.
              • 4. Re: Rounded Edges
                cripaustin Level 1
                ok. iv just made a round edge box in microsoft word and taken it over to photoshop. Its made an alright rounded edge.
                • 5. Re: Rounded Edges
                  Level 7
                  I think these links will help.

Gradient border effects Photoshop or other graphics programs.
                  http://fxzone.eyeball-design.com/oldset/tutorial_afterfx09.htm

You can simulate rounded corners in divisions or tables using images.
                  http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/tables/article.php/3479841

--Nancy O.
                  Alt-Web Design & Publishing
                  www.alt-web.com

"cripaustin" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:g9bjdn$m34$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Hi. I posted not to long ago about how to create smooth looking boxes with
                  > rounded edges.
                  >
                  > I get the CSS for it but I have difficutly actually creating the images
                  (the
                  > rounded corners).
                  >
                  > I use photoshop E3.0 but dont have much success.
                  > Can anybody give me a brief step by step guide on how to create the
                  images?
                  > Thanks
                  >