1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2008 2:18 PM by ericbelair

Tree - Removing child causes top level parent to go into edit mode

ericbelair Level 1
      Any idea why this might be happening? It's very frustrating. I have a Tree with an Array Collection for the dataProvider. It is setup to have items added, edited, and removed on demand. However, when I remove any item, another item - usually the first top-level parent - is selected and thrown into edit mode. This happens even though I am stopping any itemEditBeginning Events from propogating, unless they are dispatched as my own Custom Event.

Any thoughts...?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Tree - Removing child causes top level parent to go into edit mode
          ericbelair Level 1
          I think it may have something to do with the steps I take to remove an item....

When the user specifies that they want to delete an item, I show an Alert, and based on their answer (YES or NO), delete the item, or end processing. I took out all the logic that removes the item, and simply showed the Alert, and everytime I do this, an item gets thrown into edit mode. I want to make the user confirm the deletion, but i can't have this weird behavior happening...

Please help...