3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2008 9:09 PM by pixlor

Background image help

acromedian
      I haven't used fireworks in a long while, and I can't figure out how to set an image as my background.

Any help out there would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Acromedian
        • 1. Re: Background image help
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: acromedian
          I haven't used fireworks in a long while, and I can't figure out how to set an image as my background.

Any help out there would be appreciated.

Thanks
          Acromedian

Set an image as a background to what?

If you want to set an image as a background to an HTML element, you don't use a graphics program for that, you use either a Web development environment (such as Dreamweaver) or a text editor (since HTML is text).

• 2. Re: Background image help
            acromedian Level 1
            I have a image of a brick wall (swatch?). I want to set it as the background where it multiplies it and fills the entire canvas as a whole brick wall.

thanks for any info.
            • 3. Re: Background image help
              pixlor Level 4
              Ah. Sure...the term in Fireworks is texture. Search your Fireworks help file for "texture." There should be an entry on adding a custom texture. For CS3, the instructions are
              quote:

Adding a custom texture
              You can use bitmap files from Fireworks and other applications as textures. You can apply textures from files with these formats: PNG, GIF, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, and PICT (Macintosh only).

When you add a new texture, its name appears in the Texture Name pop-up menu.

To create a new texture from an external file:
              1. With vector object properties displayed in the Property inspector, select Other from either of the Texture Name pop-up menus.

2. Navigate to the bitmap file you want to use as the new texture, and click Open.

The new texture is added to the Texture Name list in alphabetical order.

Help Resource Center

This page on the Web

To get the menu, you need to have a vector object selected. If you don't have one, just make a rectangle and go from there. You won't be able to fill your canvas, you'll have to make a vector rectangle the size of your canvas to fill, anyway.

Hope that helps! (Oh...the link goes to the same info, for CS3. If you have a different version, you should be able to link from there to the same info for your version.)