1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2008 4:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

Templates / Root Folder

aimzbz
      So I've been assigned to update a website that's already been created by someone else, who uses the Dreamweaver CS3 behavior sets. In order to create new pages for the website, I need to use the Template he created in the Template folder - found via FTP. Now when I try to apply the (or any) template to a blank document/webpage, I get this pop-up:

"Dreamweaver stores templates in the root folder of the site, but there are no sites defined.

Please add a site."

I can't quite seem to get Dreamweaver to understand where the template folder is in the FTP. How do I add this specific template he made so that Dreamweaver will let me use it to create sites? Thanks -
        • 1. Re: Templates / Root Folder
          Level 7
          You must define a site for DW to function properly. Use DW's F1 Help and
          read about how to do this.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"aimzbz" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ga56vh$5jk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > So I've been assigned to update a website that's already been created by
          > someone else, who uses the Dreamweaver CS3 behavior sets. In order to
          > create
          > new pages for the website, I need to use the Template he created in the
          > Template folder - found via FTP. Now when I try to apply the (or any)
          > template
          > to a blank document/webpage, I get this pop-up:
          >
          > "Dreamweaver stores templates in the root folder of the site, but there
          > are no
          > sites defined.
          >
          > Please add a site."
          >
          > I can't quite seem to get Dreamweaver to understand where the template
          > folder
          > is in the FTP. How do I add this specific template he made so that
          > Dreamweaver
          > will let me use it to create sites? Thanks -
          >