1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2008 8:33 PM by Newsgroup_User

Bar Height shrinks when adding a LineSeries

atwhepner
      I have a BarChart that needs to have horizontal lines at two points on the x-axis (like show "average score"). I accomplished this by adding a LineSeries for each score. Each LineSeries has two points, with the x values identical, and the y values set to min and max (thus creating a horizontal line).

The problem is that when I add the LineSeries the bar height gets reduced to one third (as if there were two more BarSeries that neede to share the chart item space. Does any one have any idea how I can prevent this? Or a better way to accomplish adding my horizontal lines?

Furthermore, I have never been able to explicitly set the bar height. When I do so it is always ignored.

Please see my examples:
      Full Size Bars With No Lines
      vs.
      Shrunken Bars With Lines Added

I've attached the MXML for the BarChart and my my HorizontalLineSeries component.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Bar Height shrinks when adding a LineSeries
          Level 7

"surleystare" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g9sfp4$d97$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have a BarChart that needs to have horizontal lines at two points on the
          > x-axis (like show "average score"). I accomplished this by adding a
          > LineSeries
          > for each score. Each LineSeries has two points, with the x values
          > identical,
          > and the y values set to min and max (thus creating a horizontal line).
          >
          > The problem is that when I add the LineSeries the bar height gets reduced
          > to
          > one third (as if there were two more BarSeries that neede to share the
          > chart
          > item space. Does any one have any idea how I can prevent this? Or a better
          > way
          > to accomplish adding my horizontal lines?

http://www.quietlyscheming.com/blog/charts/easy-custom-charts/