3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2008 8:09 AM by Newsgroup_User

li tag shifts my webpage left 10ish pixels

kanuvas
      Hi,

I'm not too sure of all the information someone might need to identify my issue here but its completely stumped me.
      I have made a website with a header / footer / left column / main content center / right column. It uses em as the size mesurment in css.

Now the problem is if I put an li tag anywhere on the page it moves the whole thing left about 10 pixels in the browser. I have no css affecting li tags at all. The only css I have is on the ul and ol tags. If I put and ul or ol tag without any li tags in it the webpage is fine and doesn't move.

If I can supply any information that could help identify this just let me know. any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon
        • 1. Re: li tag shifts my webpage left 10ish pixels
          Level 7
          Try putting this is your css file:

li {
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
          }

kanuvas wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm not too sure of all the information someone might need to identify my
          > issue here but its completely stumped me.
          > I have made a website with a header / footer / left column / main content
          > center / right column. It uses em as the size mesurment in css.
          >
          > Now the problem is if I put an li tag anywhere on the page it moves the whole
          > thing left about 10 pixels in the browser. I have no css affecting li tags at
          > all. The only css I have is on the ul and ol tags. If I put and ul or ol tag
          > without any li tags in it the webpage is fine and doesn't move.
          >
          > If I can supply any information that could help identify this just let me
          > know. any help would be much appreciated.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Simon
          >
          • 2. Re: li tag shifts my webpage left 10ish pixels
            kanuvas Level 1
            Thank you for your reply.

Unbelievably I have changed nothing at all and its stopped happening. I have been working on the problem for the last 2 hours. Restarted Dreamweaver again and it wasn't happening when it loaded again. I will try this code if it happens again.

Cheers
            • 3. Re: li tag shifts my webpage left 10ish pixels
              Level 7
              > Now the problem is if I put an li tag anywhere on the page it moves the
              > whole
              > thing left about 10 pixels in the browser.

Which browsers? Could it be the appearance of the vertical scrollbar that
              you are seeing?

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              ==================

"kanuvas" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:ga6212$80e$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hi,
              >
              > I'm not too sure of all the information someone might need to identify my
              > issue here but its completely stumped me.
              > I have made a website with a header / footer / left column / main content
              > center / right column. It uses em as the size mesurment in css.
              >
              > Now the problem is if I put an li tag anywhere on the page it moves the
              > whole
              > thing left about 10 pixels in the browser. I have no css affecting li
              > tags at
              > all. The only css I have is on the ul and ol tags. If I put and ul or ol
              > tag
              > without any li tags in it the webpage is fine and doesn't move.
              >
              > If I can supply any information that could help identify this just let me
              > know. any help would be much appreciated.
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > Simon
              >