This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I use web services a lot and I sympathize with your issue. I struggle with similar issues and I found this great utility that will help you confirm if your webservice is returning the data correctly to Flex. I know you said it works in other applications but who knows if flex is calling it correctly etc. This utility is been the most amazing tool in helping me resolve web service issues.
Once you can confirm the data being returned is good you can try several things in flex. Try changing your result format to object or e4x etc. See how that plays out. Not sure where your tapping in to look at your debugger, you might want to catch it right at the result handler before converting to any collections. . .
If nothing here helps maybe post some code to look at. . .
Thanks bitwyse. I tested the webservice with the open source tool soapUI. I am quite certain the service response is valid. The real problem is that I want to use that result to invoke another web service. I tried fudging the call by creating a valid response object from scratch. Unfortunately, it looks like Flex cannot marshall the message correctly either way.
So, going further down this fudging path for purposes of my demo, is there a way to post the raw xml to the service? As I say, I have a good SOAP response so I think that may work.
I'm sure you can look at the code behind the webservices and see how to post the raw xml to the service. I've never done that so I can't help you there. . .
You should post some of your code here with the xml results. I've been using web services with flex extensively for the last year and have been quite successful with it. Maybe having another set of eyes look at the code will help.
For posting raw XML, try URLRequest. Set the XML to the data property of the URLRequest and send you request. Please find more details at the URL below.
Hope this helps.
Thank you all for your help. We have control over the server that exposes the web services, so what I am going to do is drop a servlet there that handles the operation. I can pass minimal data in URL parm fields to the servlet. This is a much cleaner fudge and it avoids the Flex marshalling bugs and the mess of handling raw XML.