35 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2009 9:10 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Installation Failed

Please Help....

Adobe After Effects Failed to install after it reached say about 95%

It says that the are components missing ....

I have Illustrator Cs4 Trial Installed , Which works perfect.... I don't have any Cs3 Products Installed...

I have Met The system Requirements...

• 1. Re: Installation Failed
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Please provide more information.

What version of AE are you installing - CS4?  Trial or full?

What OS?  Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS 10.5 ?

What are the basic specs of your hardware?  How much RAM?

Are you installing from a purchased CD or a download?

• 2. Re: Installation Failed
            yenaphe Level 4

Also do you have the component name that it was installing at crash time (it's written just below the bottom progress bar).

• 3. Re: Installation Failed

Hello!

Im New Here. . .  My name is Nik. .

My grammar are not that good. . .

but as you can see i can speak english. . .

Can you help me on my problem; when i intall Adobe After Effects It Is installing but in the end it says:

Adobe After Effects CS3:

"Component install failed"

Can you please help me? Thank you.

• 4. Re: Installation Failed
                yenaphe Level 4

Hi Nik,

As Andrew asked for bombscary, can you provide us with more details:

1) Are you installing on a Mac or PC ?

2) Which OS (Tiger, Leopard, XP, Vista...) and which version ?

3) Are you installing from a CD version or downloadable version, or trial ?

4) Have you got any other Adobe application installed ? (including Adobe Acrobat reader)

5) Have you got any CS4 application installed (if it's the case, please read the comment section of this page: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WSBFCD10F5-790D-45a3-8696-FAE101A2B123.html#i onComHere)

6) Do you have any specific hardware ? What is your graphic card, your processor and your ram amount ?

7) Have you contacted Adobe support ?

We need as much information as we can get to try to find what is causing your error here.

• 5. Re: Installation Failed
                  Level 1

Ooopsss I forgot to tell that sorry. . .

Answers:

1.A PC

2.Vista Home Basic

3.A downloadable Version

4.Yes; BridgeCS3, Devise Central CS3, Help Viewer, Photoshop and Utilities. . .

5.None

6.Intel Pentium, 2 GB Ram, 320 Hard Disk Space

7.No I haven't. . . .T_T

Thank you. . .

• 6. Re: Installation Failed
                    yenaphe Level 4

Hum...

Are your After Effects and Photoshop installations from a Production Premium Suite Install or are they Point Products (independant installers).

Is your Photoshop CS3 updated to the latest version ?

I think that your install failure may be due to some shared componants between Adobe products, and the AE installer tries to install older versions of the components than the updated one from Photoshop (if you updated it) or from Acrobat Reader.

If you can, please test this:

1) Uninstall any Acrobat reader from your PC, and then try to install AE.

If it still fails:

2) Uninstall your Photoshop version and any CS3 apps, and try to install AE, and then reinstall your other CS3 application. Once this is done, install all the updates available to them.

3) Only after this reinstall your Acrobat reader.

• 7. Re: Installation Failed
                      Level 1

Thank you very much. . !!!

Ill try it. . .

*cross my fingers and hope it works*

• 8. Re: Installation Failed
                        Level 1

im uninstalling all the CS3 and the photoshop right now. . .

• 9. Re: Installation Failed
                          Level 1

Im now Installing AE. . .

• 10. Re: Installation Failed
                            yenaphe Level 4

If it fails, at the end you have a list of things that went right and wrong, please can you copy it here and or make a screengrab, this will be really helpfull (but let's hope it doesn't fail)

• 11. Re: Installation Failed
                              Level 1

Ohhh Men!! It fails. . . .

"please can you copy it here and or make a screengrab, this will be really helpfull"

What is screengrab? to capture the screen or use a screencapturing software? and if so what are the things that i have to take pictures?

Thanks dude!

• 12. Re: Installation Failed
                                Level 1

"please can you copy it here and or make a screengrab, this will be really helpfull"

What is screengrab? to capture the screen or use a screencapturing software? and if so what are the things that i have to take pictures?

Thanks dude!

• 13. Re: Installation Failed
                                  yenaphe Level 4

It's a screen capture. If your installation process goes to the end, but says it failed, you should have a dialog box showing you a list of what went right and what went wrong (allow me several minutes, and i'll show you what you should screen capture).

In the meantime you can test this:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

And try to remove your flash player plugin too.

• 14. Re: Installation Failed
                                    Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

bombscary wrote:

I have Met The system Requirements...

... or so you thought. Sorry to be so sarcastic, but you have to provide more info. There is a crucial difference between the theoretical specs and their prractical application with relevance to the install. Also, please dig out the installation logs (e.g. on Windows XP in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers) and post them here in full or extract the last few lines before the stop.

Mylenium

• 15. Re: Installation Failed
                                      Level 1

In the meantime you can test this:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

I had tried this a hour ago but still doesen't work. . .

After installing it does not show list what I did wrongT_T. . .

I forgot to tell you that im using my laptop its brand new, i just bought it yesterday.

It has no MS Office. . .

Ohhh After Effects why are you so hard to install. . . . T_T

• 16. Re: Installation Failed

T3ZT@M3NT wrote:

As yenaphe mentioned - try the CS3 clean script. and, for the record, also make sure that you uninstall anything based on Adobe AIR, i.e. AIR runtime, Acrobat.com, Adobe Media Player and so on. there's a known compatibility issue with older versions of AIR vs. CS4.

Mylenium

• 17. Re: Installation Failed

T3ZT@M3NT wrote:

Ohhh After Effects why are you so hard to install. . . . T_T

It usually is is not. You must be doing something fundamentally wrong and/or your system configuration is not suitable. have you turned off UAC and such? Logged in as administrator?

Mylenium

• 18. Re: Installation Failed
                                            Level 1

Im sorry but i really dont know what is a "AIR runtime".

I do not have much info on these. . .  Sorry

• 19. Re: Installation Failed
                                              yenaphe Level 4

As mylenium suggested, can you post your installation log report.

Also, have you already successfully installed AE with this downloaded installation files ? Maybe something could be corrupted during download

• 20. Re: Installation Failed
                                                Level 1

I don't know these also "UAC". . .

and I don't have accounts in my laptop. . .

• 21. Re: Installation Failed
                                                  Level 1

Ok ill upload the pic. . .

<quote>Also, have you already successfully installed AE with this downloaded installation files ? Maybe something could be corrupted during download</quote>

No this is my first time installing it.. . . .

I think so, maybe my first DL is incomplete if so why can I extract it if it's incomplete. . .

• 22. Re: Installation Failed
                                                    yenaphe Level 4

For Adobe Air runtimes, if you have them installed it should be in your 'installed software" list in your control panel.

UAC is the User Account Control, the thing that turns you screen black asking for your authorisation to do things.

Also try to run your installer in Administrator mode (right clic, run as adminitrator)

• 23. Re: Installation Failed
                                                      yenaphe Level 4

Ok, i've just run an unsuccessfull install of CS3 app to show you what you shall get at the end of the installation process:

ae_failedinstall.png

The log of this failed install shall be in your: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers directory. Your log file is named something like "Adobe After Effects CS3 8 04-06-2009.log.gz"

Please upload it here so we can check what is going wrong.

• 24. Re: Installation Failed

T3ZT@M3NT wrote:

Oh yes, you have. They are just invisible/ disabled. UAC - User Account Control, a security option which can be disabled in your security center. AIR - Adobe Integrated Runtime, basically a standalon version of Flash. anyway, I think you should find someone near you who knows a bit about computers. We are fast approaching a dangerous point of getting lost in details and both parties wil feel like talking to the wall. Certainly this can be resolved, but since you do not seem to know a lot about Vista or computers in general, this can only lead to frustration and I find myself unable to talk in less technical terms. Therfore I'll quietly retire from this thread before annoying anyone. Maybe someoen can find better words to explain to you what you must do.

Mylenium

• 25. Re: Installation Failed
                                                          Level 1

Okay here it is. . . .

[IMG]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm237/Death_Stench21/FailedInstallation.jpg[/IMG]

So I should create a User account that is the admin?. .

Thank you for the help all of you. . .

• 26. Re: Installation Failed
                                                            yenaphe Level 4

Hum. Could you post your install log (cf my previous message) because sadly, your installer is not as talkative as mine ^^

• 27. Re: Installation Failed
                                                              Level 1

Mylenium wrote:

T3ZT@M3NT wrote:

Oh yes, you have. They are just invisible/ disabled. UAC - User Account Control, a security option which can be disabled in your security center. AIR - Adobe Integrated Runtime, basically a standalon version of Flash. anyway, I think you should find someone near you who knows a bit about computers. We are fast approaching a dangerous point of getting lost in details and both parties wil feel like talking to the wall. Certainly this can be resolved, but since you do not seem to know a lot about Vista or computers in general, this can only lead to frustration and I find myself unable to talk in less technical terms. Therfore I'll quietly retire from this thread before annoying anyone. Maybe someoen can find better words to explain to you what you must do.

Mylenium

I know a thing or two about computers, why do you think i want to use the adobeafter effects.

Im just not used at Shortcut word like you said; UAC, AIR. . . and some others. . .  Im used at full words. . .

Anyways Thank you for all your help Mylenium. . .

• 28. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                Level 1

yenaphe wrote:

Hum. Could you post your install log (cf my previous message) because sadly, your installer is not as talkative as mine ^^

Sorry about that. . . .

Where can I find my Install log. . .?

I apologize for my bad grammar. . . .

• 29. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                  Level 1

yenaphe wrote:

Sorry about that. . . .

Where can I find my Install log. . .?

I apologize for my bad grammar. . . .

• 30. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                    yenaphe Level 4

The log of this failed install shall be in your: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers directory.

Your log file is named something like "Adobe After Effects CS3 8 04-06-2009.log.gz"

• 31. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                      Level 1

Sorry For not posting more info...

Operating System :  Microsoft Windows Xp Sp3

Ram : 8 GIgs DDR2 800Mhz

Video :Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX 1 GIG DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card.

Processor : AMD Athlon 6400+ 3.2Ghz Dual Core

The Product is trial From adobe website.

I have Installed Photoshop cs4 Extended Trial With No Issues.

• 32. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                        yenaphe Level 4

Can you post your install log (located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers)

It should be named something like:  "Adobe After Effects CS4 9 04-06-2009.log.gz"

BTW have you updated your trials versions with Adobe Updaters ? If you have a recent version of Adobe Air, Adobe Flash or Adobe Acrobat, can you uninstall them (via the control panel) and try to reinstall AE.

• 33. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                          Level 1

yenaphe wrote:

Can you post your install log (located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers)

It should be named something like:  "Adobe After Effects CS4 9 04-06-2009.log.gz"

BTW have you updated your trials versions with Adobe Updaters ? If you have a recent version of Adobe Air, Adobe Flash or Adobe Acrobat, can you uninstall them (via the control panel) and try to reinstall AE.

So I should Uninstall all my Adobe programs such as AIR, Flash . . . . ?

• 34. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                            yenaphe Level 4

Yes, but you can give us your log file so we can see where your problem comes from, beacuse there must be something wrong somewhere and that is not the standard behavior of the AE installer.

• 35. Re: Installation Failed
                                                                              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

You can get free technical support for installation issues. For information on how to contact Adobe Technical Support, see this page. Here's a link to a movie that shows how to open a technical support case on the Web. (Note that you must register your product before you can open a technical support case for it.)