3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2009 9:03 AM by jimclark1947

Adobe Dynamic Link

jimclark1947 Level 1

I'm new to CS4 and have just tried out the dynamic link function to send a sequence to Encore.  Works very well.  But I now have a project with two sequences and would like to send them both to the same Encore project.  I have not figured out a way to do this so if it is possible will someone please let me know how to do it??

Thanks,

Jim

• 1. Re: Adobe Dynamic Link
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

Thats a great question.  Do it backwards; meaning the other direction.

Open up your Encore project and from Encore chose to import a Pr Seq via Dynamic Link.   That way you can import as many as you like (sequences)

• 2. Re: Adobe Dynamic Link
            jimclark1947 Level 1

I was working on this late last night and right before giving up for bed I tried doing just that.  But when I clicked the link it sent me to a default folder to find the sequence files and I didn't know what I was really looking for by name, file extension, or was I even in the right folder where sequences are stored??  So I'll try that again this evening to see if I can find what I need.

So is Pr Seq the file name I will look for?  And can I expect to find it in the default folders set up when I installed CS4?

• 3. Re: Adobe Dynamic Link
              Curt Wrigley Level 4

jimclark1947 wrote:

So is Pr Seq the file name I will look for?  And can I expect to find it in the default folders set up when I installed CS4?

When you are in Encore and import a Pr Seq , navigate to the Pr Project name and when you select that the sequences inside the Pr project will be displayed.    There are no OS file names associated with the Sequences because they arent rendered yet or need even to be rendered.

Take care to be patient when you click on the project name; it can take several seconds for it to lookup and display the sequences in the right pane.

dl.jpg