2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2008 6:40 AM by Milo[HUN]

Simple Web browser

Milo[HUN]
      Hi!

I'm developing a Flex application that has several functions including a new featurette, a simple web browser. But unfortunately if I request a page that contains flash object (like a menu component, or a simple video, etc.) the browser won't display it. I use HTML. The funny part is if I use this as a single application, it displays Flash parts, like pretty. I tried to use the SWFLoader to load it as a module, doesn't work.
      Does anyone know some property that might have effect to this, or has anyone got into this and found solution. It would be urgent. Thanks a lot,
      Milan
        • 1. Re: Simple Web browser
          atta707 Level 2
          IFrame withing the Flex application? Google Ifram and Flex and you'll find some examples on how to use ExternalInterface and IFrame to 'embed' a browser withing a Flex application.

ATTA
          • 2. Re: Simple Web browser
            Milo[HUN] Level 1
            Thanks for the reply, but i have doubts.
            I've downloaded several sources, but all came out the same Security Sandbox voilation error. But as far as i saw it has only designed for Browser based Flex Applications, and not for AIR, what is not quite good for me since i have developed my project in it. So might be useful, but hasn't been there to test it. Any halp would be appreciated.