- Respect others
- Assume good faith
- Share what you know
- Be kind to newbies — we were all new once
- Encourage others; recognize and praise good work
- Attract and honor good, knowledgeable people
- Ask for help, and help others in return
- Set a good example
- Add information about yourself to your forum profile
- Visit the Forum FAQ
- Infringe on copyrighted material
- Use obscene or offensive language
- Personally attack people, their edits (including spelling or grammar), or their comments
- Rant or otherwise harass, abuse, or intimidate others
- Use multiple accounts to agree (or argue) with yourself
- Post anything you don't want the world to see. This is a public space
- Post other people's confidential or private information without their express permission. This includes email addresses, street addresses, telephone numbers, content of private forum messages, etc.
- Be afraid to identify errors or shortcomings in Adobe content. Your feedback is important!
Personal insults, verbal attacks, and generally offensive, disrespectful, or abusive messages will be edited or deleted by forum hosts. Repeated violations will result in temporary suspension of forum access, eventually leading to being banned from forums. Spam messages will be deleted immediately, and the user account will be disabled in the forums.
Self-promotion and signatures:
The Adobe Forums do not provide for automatic signatures in your messages. But you can put information, such as a personal web page, in your forum profile. When users click your name or avatar they will be taken to your profile page, where they can find your URL and a short bio. To edit your profile, click the Your Stuff link in the bar at the top of the forum, select Profile from the list, and then click Edit Profile.
If you have a link that is germane to the topic under discussion you can post that in your message. But we discourage links to commercial sites. Forum hosts may remove links at their discretion.