4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2009 3:03 PM by Jeremy bowmangraphics-DQuh1B

JS: Blatant plug

Peter Kahrel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

(Pardon the plug.) The Short cut "Scripting InDesign with JavaScript" has now been updated to CS3/4:

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596802523/
      The book is essentially the same in spirit and structure. All scripts have been changed to CS3/4, errors have been corrected, and a section on text frames was added.

Peter
        • 1. Re: JS: Blatant plug
          Harbs. Level 6

Great to hear!

• 2. Re: JS: Blatant plug
            Jeremy bowmangraphics-DQuh1B Level 3

...But be aware that O'Reilly's "3 for the price of 2" deal isn't as straightforward as it sounds. Maybe you have to be savvy to the exact moment when you enter a secret code into some cunningly hidden field somewhere long ago and far away on their huge website... But I ordered my copy today, along with two other "short cut" PDFs, comforted by O'Reilly's assurance that my discount would appear at a later point in the transaction. Many hours later, my credit card's still down thirty bucks, not a word from O'Reilly, despite my immediate complaint, and I'll be damned if I download something I've been overcharged for! Grrrr!

I'll bet Peter's guide is a great read though -- the first edition was brilliant. I look forward to the CS3/4 edition -- AFTER I eventually get the discount they promised me!

• 3. Re: JS: Blatant plug
              Peter Kahrel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm sorry to hear it, Jeremy. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon.

Peter

• 4. Re: JS: Blatant plug
                Jeremy bowmangraphics-DQuh1B Level 3

I'm very pleased to say that the nice people at O'Reilly just gave me my $9.99, and I'll be downloading my new stuff in a moment. Apparently I neglected to enter a "opc10" code during the transaction -- worth watching out for, just to avoid the minor aggravation of not getting what you expect. (I don't doubt that it's well worth it even without the discount.)

Jeremy B