6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2008 9:46 AM by Sami@Adobe

My Kuler not working

jennickels
      I love the site and enjoy looking at all the great color combos. I clicked on a few to add to my favorites and the little button next to the colors says I have added it (because now the option says to "remove from favorites") but when I click on MyKuler it says there are no themes to display under the favorites link.

I have also tried creating my own from my Flickr photos. The creating works fine but when I try to save I get that stupid "error" thing and it doesn't save.

I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.14 and I tried on IE. It doesn't work on either. I'd love to be able to create my own theme with the colors from my kids' clothes in their pictures but I can't save.

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: My Kuler not working
          RaymieHumbert Level 1
          It DOES save when the ECw/S error is encountered. Several of my newer Flickr-based themes went through with the error at creation.

Welcome to Adobe Labs.
          • 2. Re: My Kuler not working
            jennickels Level 1
            I wish that were the case for me. I have tried searching for my themes, hoping they had gone through, but the search comes up with nothing. When I tried to search for my own login name it came up with nothing...I don't exist according to the site because I haven't created any themes (I guess).

Either way it isn't letting me see the themes I selected as my favorites. It just says there are none to display even though I have selected several and on those themes it shows I have clicked the "add to favorites" button.
            • 3. Re: My Kuler not working
              Jenn-
              I mentioned elsewhere that you might want to try the Firefox addon (see below)- I find that Kuler works fine for me if I bring it up in this 'IE tab' within Firefox. Below is a copy of my post on this.
              --Bill
              -------------------
              I solved the Firefox (on vista pc) problem by adding the FF extension 'IE Tab' at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

FF will 'view' the desired web page as if it were IE. You can add the page so that every time you visit, it will load through IE Tab (which is what I did- the only page you need to do this for is the main Kuler page http://kuler.adobe.com/# - after that, everything works fine.
              --Bill
              • 4. Re: My Kuler not working
                jefbak Level 1
                They actually do get saved even though I get the error message in Firefox 3 on Mac. When I login in Safari, my saved creations show up. Anybody know what's up with Kuler and firefox?
                • 5. Re: My Kuler not working
                  Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
                  @ Jenn, that favorites behavior does seem odd. Did Bill's suggestion work for you? If not, send me a private message with your kuler account name and we'll look into it on our side. Include your OS version, please.

@Jefbak, we will do more testing with FF3. What version of the Mac OS are you running? Glad you have a Safari workaround in the meantime. :-)
                  • 6. Re: My Kuler not working
                    Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
                    Update: The latest Apple security update seems to have fixed Firefox 3 issues. Apple update 2008-004 for Tiger and 10.5.4 for Leopard were released on June 30, 2008.