1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2008 4:21 PM by Newsgroup_User

SWF File size, 550kbs too big?

Bob Saggot Level 1
      I am looking for the broad band crowd of course. I was wondering is 550kbs download too big?

I tried putting stuff in modules and get it out of my program but that didn't change the file size at all.

Anybody know of some tricks I could use to compress it even more? or get the file size smaller

(Debug release = 900kbs, release = 567kbs) I know about embedded pictures take up space but those are only small icons. How much space does actualy code cost? because i have prob 5000+ lines of code.

Thanks guys for your help
        • 1. Re: SWF File size, 550kbs too big?
          Level 7

"Bob Saggot" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g91jv6$j97$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am looking for the broad band crowd of course. I was wondering is 550kbs
          > download too big?
          >
          > I tried putting stuff in modules and get it out of my program but that
          > didn't
          > change the file size at all.
          >
          > Anybody know of some tricks I could use to compress it even more? or get
          > the
          > file size smaller
          >
          > (Debug release = 900kbs, release = 567kbs) I know about embedded pictures
          > take up space but those are only small icons. How much space does actualy
          > code
          > cost? because i have prob 5000+ lines of code.
          >
          > Thanks guys for your help

The dataVisualization classes add a lot to file size, and the more classes
          you are using the larger your file size will be, so if you can reuse the
          same class rather than using two similar classes that may help.

HTH;

Amy