0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2009 8:01 AM by Handycam

How to access Dropped datagrid items?

Handycam Level 1

I have an MXML component that has 2 datagrids, where the user drags items from one to the other.

They are bound to these 2 variables:

[Bindable]

public var itemChoicesList:XMLList;

[Bindable]

public var itemChosenList:ArrayCollection;

I was using an array collection since later I need to do some concatenating of all the steps; it I can do this with XMLList, please let me know.

Anyhow:

The left one is:

<mx:DataGrid id="choices"  dataProvider="{itemChoicesList}" width="100%" height="100%"

wordWrap="true" variableRowHeight="true" dragEnabled="true" dropEnabled="true" dragMoveEnabled="true"

styleName="promptGrid" showHeaders="false">

<mx:columns>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="@ln1" headerText=""/>

</mx:columns>

</mx:DataGrid>

The right one:

<mx:DataGrid id="chosen" dataProvider="{chosenList}" width="100%" height="100%"

wordWrap="true" variableRowHeight="true" editable="true" dropEnabled="true"

dragEnabled="true" dragMoveEnabled="true"  styleName="promptGrid"

dragEnter="dragEnterChosen(event)" dragDrop="dragDropChosen(event)" showHeaders="false">

<mx:columns>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="@ln1" headerText="" editable="false" />

</mx:columns>

</mx:DataGrid>

OK, fine.  I populate the "choices" one when I instantiate the component, from the parent app:

recipeStep.itemChoicesList = step..item;

Works fine.  I can drag items over, great.   My question is, I need to access the items in this datagrid from other places in the application, as they are dropped.  What is the best way to do this?