3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2009 12:28 PM by trs.net

Weird Radio button issue on Insert/Update form

trs.net

I recently installed Dreamweaver CS4 and am having a heck of a time with radio buttons on my Dynamic Insert/Update form.

For some reason, when I update a record, the radio button I had previously selected, is NOT checked.  However, the value is in the mySQL db.

I've tried this in several different folders, thinking there was a conflict (css, js or whatever) but have had the same issue every time.  I even updated my DDT includes folder but still no luck.

Has anyone had an issue like this with Dreamweaver CS4 and know how to solve it?

Also, I should probably add the Dreamweaver CS4 has crashed at least 3 times per day since I installed it less then a week ago.  My computer easily meets the required specs (3.39GHz, 2GB RAM, 75GB HardDrive).   Something is obviously wrong.  Whether its my computer or CS4, I'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Peter T

• 1. Re: Weird Radio button issue on Insert/Update form
          trs.net Level 1

OK, I've figured out what the issue is but not why.

See the code below.  For some reason, where it should be {echo "checked";} its {echo "@@checked@@";}

Anyone else run into this situation?

<td><div>
                        <input <?php if (!(strcmp(KT_escapeAttribute($row_rssample_sam['answer_sam']),"1"))) {echo "@@checked@@";} ?> type="radio" name="answer_sam_<?php echo $cnt1; ?>" id="answer_sam_<?php echo $cnt1; ?>_1" value="1" />
                        <label for="answer_sam_<?php echo $cnt1; ?>_1">Yes</label>
                      </div>
                        <div>
                          <input <?php if (!(strcmp(KT_escapeAttribute($row_rssample_sam['answer_sam']),"0"))) {echo "@@checked@@";} ?> type="radio" name="answer_sam_<?php echo $cnt1; ?>" id="answer_sam_<?php echo $cnt1; ?>_2" value="0" />
                          <label for="answer_sam_<?php echo $cnt1; ?>_2">No</label>
                        </div>
                        <?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldError("sample_sam", "answer_sam", $cnt1); ?></td>

• 2. Re: Weird Radio button issue on Insert/Update form
            Günter Schenk Level 4

Hi trs.net

it seems to boil down to a flawed Dreamweaver CS4 and/or ADDT installation, because the @@whatever@@ - stuff that´s getting inserted into your document is used by various "system files" you´d find in e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\your_name_here\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration\Commands\YesNoCancelDialog.js

Cheers,

Günter

• 3. Re: Weird Radio button issue on Insert/Update form
              trs.net Level 1

Sounds reasonable to me (flawed install).

I forgot that the DDT was a separate upgrade, so after I installed CS4, I tried unsuccessfully to install the DDT extension I had for CS3.  So I installed DW CS3 and then the extension.  Then of course, on one of these posts, I found the patch that upgraded my CS3 DDT extension.

Then of course, I found my DDT CS4 serial number and then registered it.

I'm assuming that all this must have caused a few conflicts, right?

So, may safest bet would be to uninstall DW CS3, and then reinstall DW CS4 and that should take care of my issues, right?

Thanks!