3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 7:18 AM by the_wine_snob

Export to DVD - problems

I work already for some years in Premiere Pro 1,5 and suddenly since my last projects if I want to export my project to DVD I get the next error report;

Could not complete the last command because:  Device Error - Sense Code(5 21 02) - Invalid Address For Write Incremental - Streaming Write (DVDErr, 336130)

Does anybody know how to solve this ????

Hope for some help because the helpdesk from Adobe only supports the last editions (CS4).

Loes Heebink

• 1. Re: Export to DVD - problems
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Groetjes Loes. Welkom!

I wonder if the problem is your DVD medium. Try another disc.

Also, can you successfully export to a folder rather than a disc?

Unfortunately the only entry I could find for "DVDerr" is this one, but it seems to be a different problem.

Cheers
          Eddie

• 2. Re: Export to DVD - problems
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A sense code error is often due to other software being resident in memory and getting in the way of Premiere communicating with the drive

I have read in this forum that Roxio (and others) install "packet writing" software which takes control of the drive... and Premiere or Encore won't work

Instead of writing directly to the drive, write an .ISO file and use http://www.imgburn.com

• 3. Re: Export to DVD - problems
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Two other likely causes of a Sensecode Error are (as Eddie mentions, though most of his post is now covered up?!?!?) media and also a problem with the burner itself. First thing that I'd do would be to feed the burner good media, such as Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden (Falcon - US only, gets high marks from Jim Simon, and I trust him). What brand of media are you using? Next would be to swap out the burner and try again, after you have investigated John's suggestion. Usually with packet-writing software conflicts, the burner is just not recognized.

Regardless of which it is, the problem is most likely in the burner/media, and not PrP. PrP is just passing along an error from the hardware side of things.

Good luck,

Hunt