Try a two step rename.
Change from DirecTory to DirecTory1.
Then change from DirecTory1 to directory.
Note that you need to first change the actual NAME in order for it to take.
Part of that worked. The two-step folder rename worked like a charm to get RoboHelp to recognize the lowercase names.
However, when I publish my project, it reverts back to the uppercase versions of the folder names and publishes them that way. I deleted all of the files on my server before publishing.
I tried deleting the .cpd file again, re-launching RH, and re-publishing (deleted server files beforehand), but that didn't make a difference. Like I said before, I don't know what this .cpd deletion does, but I did notice it fixed a lot of different problems in other forum posts.
Do you have any additional suggestions on how to get it to publish with the new directory names?
I can't help but to notice you said you deleted the files from the server. You didn't say folders too.
About the only other thing I can think of is to try renaming yet again to something like folder1 so the names are actually different. Then push that to the server and see if it mysteriously shifts to mixed case.
Frankly, I'm surprised it failed to work straight off. But you never know sometimes when dealing with servers.
CPD is a Cache Project Database. Most of your project files are now in an XML format. Those files used to only reside in the CPD and instead of CPD the extension was MPJ. This is a Microsoft Access Database file using a custom file extension. Just making an educated guess here, but I suspect it's primary purpose these days is to provide an easy means of reporting on the project.
Thanks again, Rick,
Just to clarify, I did delete both the folders and files off the server.
I'll try the publishing different file names to the server and will report the results.
All the best,
Whoops! Yes, just folders.
I figured out this problem, but I'm not positive on how it was resolved. I had published my project with the "Use Lowercase File Names (Recommended for UNIX)" option selected. However, this wasn't changing the directory names to lowercase letters, and that was causing problems on my Apache server.
When I deleted all the project files and folders on my server and re-published my project without this option selected, I still had problems. Some of the internal links inside my project had not been converted back to lowercase and uppercase letters to match my directory structure (some were still showing up as all lowercase letters). However, some had been converted back to mixed case, so some of the links in my published project worked and some didn't.
Luckily, everyday I was making a backup copy of my project because I was having troubleshooting this problem. I was able to go back to a version of the project before I had published the project with the "Use Lowercase File Names (Recommended for UNIX)" option checked. Once I did that, deleted all my project files/folders from the server, and re-published, everything worked fine. It's very odd how all of this panned out, but I'm so glad it's resolved.