7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2009 12:35 PM by JAXIMFLASH

Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?

JAXIMFLASH Level 1
      I'm running ASDoc to document my code. 
      (The command line tool shipped with Flex
      that generates documentation of your code.)

I'm running into a problem.
      I created a project targeting Flash Player 10 and the project
      compiles just fine in Eclipse, but when running ASDoc, one of
      the classes I use contains methods that are NOT available to
      flash players lower than Flash Player 10. Thus the ASDoc tool
      is generating an error, b/c it doesn't know I am targeting
      Flash Player 10.

How do I tell ASDoc that I wish to target Flash Player 10?

thanks!
        • 1. Re: Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?
          smgilson Level 1

Hi,

Did you set the library-path option for ASDoc the same way that you set it for the compiler for your app? Make sure that you are pointing to the Flash 10 SWC file, and not to a Flash 9 SWC file.

Stephen

• 2. Re: Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?
            JAXIMFLASH Level 1

The way I set my app to compile for Flash Player 10 was to set the required flash player version under the compile settings. I didn't have to target a specific swc. Is it possible that Flex targets the correct swc when I set the Flash Player vesion?

Some more info on the specific class I am targeting. I am calling "flash.net.FileReference" to allow the user to upload an image from their hard drive.

In Flash Player 10, you can call the public method load(). In earlier player versions, flex thinks FileReference is an all static class.

• 3. Re: Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?
              smgilson Level 1

In the "Library Path" tab of the "Flex Builder Path" setting of the Project Properties in Flex Builder, you can see the location of the SWC files used by your app. It's probably something like "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Gumbo Preview\sdks\4.0.0". If you are running ASDoc out of the bin directory for that installation, meaning C:\Program Files\Adobe\Gumbo Preview\sdks\4.0.0\bin, then it should pick up the same SWCs.

But, if you are running asdoc from a different bin directory, use the libary-path option of the asdoc command to set it to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Gumbo Preview\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs" and see of that works.

Stephen

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?
                JAXIMFLASH Level 1

it makes sense that I would need to target the correct swc, but does anyone know where the flash player 10 version of "FileReference" is located? The "FileReference" version that contains the load() method for example.

• 5. Re: Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?
                  Michael Borbor Level 4

It's a library inside the package flash.net

Sincerely,

Michael

El 29/04/2009, a las 13:33, JAXIMFLASH <forums@adobe.com> escribió:

>

it makes sense that I would need to target the correct swc, but does 

anyone know where the flash player 10 version of "FileReference" 

is located? The "FileReference" version that contains the load() 

method for example.

>

• 6. Re: Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?
                    JAXIMFLASH Level 1

I am asking where the flash player 10 version of the swc file is located not the AS package.

Actually, I think I located the swc file, by control clicking (in flex) the class's name and told me where the swc file is located:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in\sdks\3.2.0\frameworks\libs\player\10\playerglobal.swc"

I'm going to try to plug this in with ASDoc and see if it remedies my problem.

• 7. Re: Targeting flash player 10 with ASDoc?
                      JAXIMFLASH Level 1

That fixed my problem. You need to include the swc that targets the flash player version that your program is intended to run on in order for ASDoc to run correctly.

In my case, in order for me to target the flash player 10 functionality of "FileReference" I needed  to include the following line with my ASDoc comand line:

-external-library-path "C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flex Builder 3 Plug-in/sdks/3.2.0/frameworks/libs/player/10/playerglobal.swc"