2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 1:06 PM by RenMan3Grand

Parent Movies and Frame Lables

RenMan3Grand Level 1

Hi There,

I am making a movie with frame lables and parent movies.

So there is the maintimeline and a movie on each sucessvive frame, relating all relevant aniamtions/transitions from button to button.

Using this script

on (release) {

_parent.gotoAndPlay("P_CommCent");

}

I have been able to do exaxtly what I want, jump from "P" to "CommCent" essentially, where each is a movie on the main timeline, the "P_CommCent" signifies the specic transtion.
      So my problem is... that this worked for all movies, now I want to jump from "Green" to "CommCent", using "Green_CommCent" however now it is not working.
      Anyone have any tips?

This seems not right to me.

Cheers

Ren

the file is here if you want to look/

[URL=http://www.zshare.net/download/583658519aa15203/]Lam.fla - 0.37MB[/URL]

• 1. Re: Parent Movies and Frame Lables
          David Stiller Level 2

Ren,

For some reason, that download link isn't working for me (might just be heavy traffic at the moment).  In any case, I generally encourage people to work through their questions with words, even though it takes more effort.  More often than not, that effort pays off.   I remember this file, too.  It has tons going on, which may well make it hard to dig through.

My first thought is, do you have a "Green_CommCent" label in the parent timeline of the button in question?  (Has your luck improved with compiling this file in Flash 8?  I hope so!)

David Stiller
          Adobe Community Expert
          Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
          "Luck is the residue of good design."

• 2. Re: Parent Movies and Frame Lables
            RenMan3Grand Level 1

Hi,
            Sorry for my delay in reply, I have been very busy with the project.

For some reason it began to work using the same cose as I had figured shortly after I posted.

:?

Hmm. beats me but chanks.