0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 1:08 PM by Jim Crowell

Java Stand Alone Screencast player via Flex?

Hi,

I am developing a Java Stand Alone Application using Eclipse and Java SDK 5.0.

I plan to market the app on the Windows and the Mac OS X platforms.

I have been looking for a "Pure Java" method to display a ScreenCast [Tutorials] in a

Dialog Window.  I wanted "Pure Java" so that I can deploy all the objects required to

load and execute my App.

This seems to be more difficult than I expected.

As part of my research I kinda ignored Flex because I thought I would have to have a Flex Player

present on the end users computer or [if not present] require my end user to download the

Flex Player. A little messy for my target buyer [Senior Citizens].

Today, I read some on the Adobe Air product. I think I understand that Adobe Air could be bundled with my

Java App.

Questions:

1)     Can Flex and Adobe Air satisfy my above requirements?

2)     Does Flex play nicely with Java?

3)     I came back to the Adobe pages because I received an E-Mail saying that the

Adobe Flex Builder 3 software is currently available for free for software developers

who are affected by the current economic condition and are currently unemployed.

I read the "I Agree" list for this offer and I think I do not qualify because I am developing

a commercial product. Also, I am retired, not unemployed.

Is "Adobe Flex Builder 3" something I should be using if the answers to 1) and 2) above are "Yes"?

Many thanks,

Jim...