1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2008 10:32 AM by VipersG

Drag and Drop nightmare

VipersG Level 1
      I am seriously about to jump out a window. I have a problem with drag and drop that I just cant figure out.

Ok, so I have two lists and I want to copy data from one to another. And I also want to add an item to the data provider of the destination list... so I worked from this example - http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=dragdrop_8.html#218578 - and it worked!!!

Then it didn't.

The first time I tried it I created a new project, and it was basically the same as the example except I changed the arrays to suit the arrays I'm working with..

The I copied the "working" code in to the project I'm working on and I get an Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference...blah,blah,blah...at mx.managers.dragClasses::DragProxy/mouseUpHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\fram ework\src\mx\managers\dragClasses\DragProxy.as:500]

Now, the only difference between the two envionments is that in the first they are both embedded directly in the application.....and in the second both lists are contained within their own custom components.

At this point I've read so much documentation on dragInitiators, and dragProxies and dragWhatever that my mind is absolute mush...in fact I'm sitting here typing this in dragClothing (incidently, this keyboard is wreaking havok on my nail varnish) so any help would be greatly appreciated :)