I wish I was offering a suggestion, but I'm piling on the bandwagon... I don't get an error message, but when I open a URL that ends in ".pdf" the IE7 pegs the CPU, can't do anything for nearly a full minute while the CPU meter is pegged... happens even on a 6-page document. I'm going to try and drop back to Reader 8.1.4 and if it solves the problem, I'm submitting a bug report to Adobe. NOT A HAPPY USER!
No Solution here either, but I'm experiencing similar problems. When opening pdf's my system just hangs and I'm having to reboot. This is not helping me with my business at all.
I suppose it's just part and parcel of upgrading these days. Good luck with trying to down grade. I've just tried and there's more frustration than success. Oh well, I do have a 4 day weekend to get it going again.
Best of luck to you,
Ok... I was able to go back to Reader 8.1.3 by uninstalling 9.1, Acrobat.com, and AIR, then going here to get 8.1.3:
Then using Reader's built-in update menu, I got back to 8.1.4
NOW, I can open a PDF in a browser window again! I'm not updating 'til Adobe acknowledges this problem and fixes it in a version beyond 9.1.0.
I also had all kinds of strange errors when I was using the Adobe Reader 9.1 that I updated. What worked for me was to uninstall Reader 9.1, and reinstall a "Lite" version that does not include unnecessary parts of the software. It worked very well for me and can be downloaded at :