5 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2009 12:54 AM by JoseOJ

Is it possible to do this on APE or any other product?

Hello,

Does anyone know whether it is possible to make something like this on Adobe Premiere Elements, or would you know what program would be best suited to create this?

I've got a video already but I want to add certain images to match the stuff I am talking about in the actual video. For example, news readers such as this one http://l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/channel7/visionbytes/6696/78226941.jpg are probably talking about that gentleman above the 'heed the warning' title, and that is what i want to do. For example, if I am talkg about rain, i want to put a picture of rain in that same place. Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: Is it possible to do this on APE or any other product?
          Paul_LS Level 4

Yes Premiere Elements can do this. You can use the Picture-in-Picture effect to place a photo or video in the top right corner (or anywhere) in the video frame. You would just put your foreground video on track 1 and your Picture-in-Picture video on track 2 and then resize and position it.

If you wanted to change the complete background, like the person giving the weather forecast and the changing background, you would need to have shot your video with a blue/green screen background that you could key out and replace the background. However in your case you can use your existing video with the Picture-in-Picture effect.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to do this on APE or any other product?
            Level 1

Thanks for the reply, will give it a go. Does the second image/video that I want inserted into that frame have to be in any specific video format or can i insert say a jpg picture in there?

• 3. Re: Is it possible to do this on APE or any other product?
              Paul_LS Level 4

Yes a jpg is fine. You can use any format that is supported by Premiere Elements. One thing though, if you are going to use a lot of high resolution jpgs it is better to resize them to say 1000x750 as PE can choke on multiple high resolution jpgs.

• 4. Re: Is it possible to do this on APE or any other product?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

To add one tip to Paul's explanation, if you wish to add a "border," of any sort, you can create a Title (starting with a blank Title, or eliminating the elements from any Template), create a Shape (choose a Style for that Shape, that includes Fill & Stroke), size and modify it to suit, then you can add your JPEG/TIFF/PSD as a "Logo," or place it one Video Track above both the Clip (VT1) and the Title (VT2), and size and position, as is necessary. You would use the latter method (VT1, VT2, VT3), if you were including a "motion" image, i.e. AV footage.

If you look at your example, you'll see that there is basically a Right-third Title/Graphic involved, with the inset (PiP) inside (is probalby really atop on that Timeline). As the on-camera person speaks, the inset image(s) change to reflect the subjet, but the overall graphic stays pretty much the same, though there could be some animation in elements of it.

All that said, Paul hit it perfectly with PiP. IIRC, PE offers several presets to get you started with PiP. You can use those, or do it manually to suit, with Motion>Scale & Motion>Position, per your exact needs.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Is it possible to do this on APE or any other product?
                  JoseOJ Adobe Employee

You can put the video as PIP . PIP is small video size It will play any position of the frame. Depen on your background video. You can the change the postion of video.