5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 6:15 PM by the_wine_snob

Where are my bookmarks...???

fuaho Level 1

Am I just missing the clickPoint, or have all the bookmarks from the previous forum been lost???

I only see 3 pages of questions here. Where are the other couple hundred from before???

Has all the R&D & testing that's been done since October gone???

• 1. Re: Where are my bookmarks...???
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

I actually dont know what bookmarks are.  But no preferences came over from the old forums.  Just the posts.

This forum goes back to Oct 2008 which about when it was created.  (CS4 came out about them)

Pr CS3 and before posts are in their own forum; but they were in the old system as well.  The specified item was not found.

• 2. Re: Where are my bookmarks...???
            fuaho Level 1

Bookmarks were the way to keep a record of answers to different problems that had been supplied by forum members. Instead of having to search through the whole forum, I used to be able to just "bookmark" the thread, in fact I could bookmark just one response within the entire thread and easily return to that response when I needed to revisit it. Not every problem was encountered every day, but three weeks from now when it reared its ugly head, you could quickly find the workaround.

Where are they?

Also, there were hundreds of questions/answers in that earlier forum. Where are they??

And I'm only talking about CS4.

Did Adobe use this "forum update" as an excuse to eliminate all the negative responses?

Or, hopefully, am I just missing something in the navigation??

????????????????????????????????????????

• 3. Re: Where are my bookmarks...???
              Curt Wrigley Level 4

fuaho wrote:

Bookmarks were the way to keep a record of answers to different problems that had been supplied by forum members. Instead of having to search through the whole forum, I used to be able to just "bookmark" the thread, in fact I could bookmark just one response within the entire thread and easily return to that response when I needed to revisit it. Not every problem was encountered every day, but three weeks from now when it reared its ugly head, you could quickly find the workaround.

You can still bookmark a thread or an individual post.  To capture the url of an individual post right click on the # of the post.

Also, there were hundreds of questions/answers in that earlier forum. Where are they??

I dont know what you think is missing.  There are over 1700 threads in this CS4 forum.   Nothing is being hidden.

• 4. Re: Where are my bookmarks...???
                fuaho Level 1

Okay! I see that the pages just continue into the rest of the posts. Great! It looked like there were only 2 pages. Previously, there was an indication of the number of posts at the bottom of the page.

And I see that I can save a URL in my favorites (one could always do this, BTW), but it appears that all of my previously bookmarked references are gone.

Bummer! But thanks for the input!

• 5. Re: Where are my bookmarks...???
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, all of the old bookmarks now take one to the Adobe Fora main page. They are useless, as they were saved. However, you can create new ones for the various fora that you visit. I have just overwritten my Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, Audition, AfterEffects and Illustrator forum bookmarks with the new ones.

What worries me are the various links that I had collected to articles on the old fora. These are now dead, and Google has not picked up the new fora URL's yet, so even a Search there will get you dead links from the old fora. Please do not get me started on the new forum Search function...

We will all get through this and may even be better off for it. So far, it's going better than last time, though is certainly not perfect for everyone (I'm a big part of those who think that the new is further from "perfect," than the old, but that's just me.)

Good luck,

Hunt