3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 11:31 AM by Steve L Walker

custom component: porting from lc 8.0 to lc 8.2

hello

i developed a java pojo custom component for lc 8.0, essentially it connected to a db and returned a complex object. Now the environment has been upgraded to lc 8.2 . I've loaded my processes (which include my custom component) on the new environment. When i start the process , my component reaches the finally block where i've logged the db connections closing. Immediatly after the system crushes with the following error(i haven't added the whole stack trace because its huge): 

2009-04-10 13:11:21,422 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.lastResource.disallow] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.lastResource.disallow] Adding multiple last resources is disallowed. Current resource is org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$LocalXAResource@2ac6fb1
      2009-04-10 13:11:21,431 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackLocalException in method: public abstract com.adobe.pof.GenericObject com.adobe.pof.omapi.POFObjectManagerLocal.writeObject(com.adobe.pof.GenericObject,com.ado be.idp.Context) throws com.adobe.pof.POFException, causedBy:
      org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: 643401bb:6b45:49df1884:29cb status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: 643401bb:6b45:49df1884:29cb status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >))
          at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:94 )
          at com.adobe.pof.ConnectionWrapper.getConnection(ConnectionWrapper.java:45)
          at com.adobe.pof.ConnectionWrapper.prepareStatement(ConnectionWrapper.java:179)
          at com.adobe.pof.adapter.JDBCAdapter.prepareStatement(JDBCAdapter.java:5299)

After that jboss get stucked, printing exceptions every 2 minutes, and i need to stop and restart it. I don't see anything wrong with my code: i get the datasource object, i get a coonettin from it, make my queries/updates and finally i close the connection.

googling i've found this might be due to datasource item being local-tx-datasource instead of xa-datasource, but all datasources are of this kind.

Any hint about this problem will be greatly appreciated

thank you in advance

Stefano