2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 2:53 PM by the_wine_snob

changing files to jpeg in premier

themechanic432 Level 1

I am trying to capture still images from stored AVI files with PE7 then saving them so I can process them with Lightroom. I have been told that I need to save them as a JPEG file but i cant seem to change the file extension when saving. I can change the file location but not the extension. I have the trial versions of Premier and Lightroom to see if they can do what I want

• 1. Re: changing files to jpeg in premier
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

To save a frame from a video as a JPEG, click on the Freeze Frame (camera) icon on the Monitor panel and select the option to save the file. Then, when the browser opens, click on Settings, where you'll find the option to save it as any number of still image formats, including JPEG.

• 2. Re: changing files to jpeg in premier
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Mechanic,

If you are going to work on the image file, whether in LightRoom, or PS, I'd suggest doing the Save (per Steve's directions), as either a BMP, or TIFF, as JPEG will introduce some compression. PE will easily Import the output (I'd use either PSD or TIFF from your image processing program). I think that you'll like the results better.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful