7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2009 4:46 AM by dani.asc

Loaded cairngorm swf will not remote

ashar2005 Level 1

I'm sure this has to do with Cairngorm's "issues", but I thought I'd give it a try here anyway.

Got several cairngorm flex apps, trying to use one as the main app and load "one" of the others into it for now.

Each app has its own events, commands, delegate, servicelocator, etc.

These swfs "DO NOT need to communicate with each other" and they run fine independently.

Of course, Cairngorm's issues won't let you load another cairngorm app in the same app domain or else you

will get a bunch of "more than one servicelocator...blah blah" errors. 

So now I'm loading the other swf into a new ApplicationDomain(). 

It loads without those errors, but now, as soon as the loaded swf tries to make a remote object call,

it throws this error:  TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@125e4039 to mx.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage.

Looking at the logs it shows that the loaded swf's remoting call is sending "null" for the destination, and "null" for the operation.

It throws this error, no matter which of the other swfs I try to load, once they try to make a remoting call.

As I said earlier, these swfs all run fine independently.

Anybody who has actually gotten one cairngorm app to load another cairngorm app with remoting, any help would be appreciated.

I used to love Cairngorm until I started getting into apps with modules and sub apps.... now its a pain in the a**.