• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the .TMP file that saves with the Captivate project?

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I noticed that a .TMP file saves automatically with my Captivate projects, such as this one: Ado4F2.tmp. Out of curiosity, what is the function of this file and is it crucial that it is saved in the same folder as the original CP file? The reason I ask the latter is because it doesn't seem as though I'm able to move it when I move other CP files.

Thanks, O Wise Captivate Gurus!

Krista

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Krista,

Captivate .tmp files are the name implies are temporary files. Typically temp files are created by applications to store some form of temporary data, in a permanent form than RAM, on your hard disk. TMP files are commonly produced either when a program can't allocate enough memory for its tasks, or as part of inter-process communication.

Some Captivate users have had success in restoring their Captivate projects from the .tmp file. In Adobe Captivate 4 by default you will also notice that you have a .bak file. This is a backup of your Captivate project which you can use if for some reason your Captivate project file becomes corrupted.

HTH

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources