Expand my Community achievements bar.

Possible name conflict flex -> java

Former Community Member

I have a string property 'comments' in data object A, it was working fine that the data was passing from flex to java, then because of some other properties in A, i need to add @XmlType and propOrder for A, then suddendly 'comments' is always null from flex to java, when other properties are passing ok, after many attempts, i change the property name from 'comments' to some other name and it works again (actual value is passed from flex to java).

So i am wondering, is it flex, web services, or jaxb that might have a name conflict with 'comments'? I have another property in A that also is null from flex to java, but this one is complex object that has a string property and a byte[] property, and it is null, does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Shannon

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi Shannon you can take a look at Flex documentation in the section ActionScript language and syntax, there you can find a list of reserved words. byte is in that list, hope the reading will help you.

Former Community Member

Thanks Michael, i will take a look. My other property is 'uploadedFile' of a class 'uploadedFile' which has 'data' and 'fileName' properties, so i ended up changing all these names, and now it works.

Shannon