3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2009 5:03 AM by narayanis

Unable to allow embedded videos to go fullscreen

I'm just getting started with Captivate, and have created a screencast that will be embedded into a website. I am trying to get a fullscreen option similar to Youtube and other popular video services (user clicks fullscreen on the list of playback controls and it goes full, with Escape to go back to the browser window with embedded version).

Using the exported HTML, I have added the "allowfullscreen" parameter:

<div id="CaptivateContent"> 
          </div>
          <script type="text/javascript">
             var so = new SWFObject("untitled.swf", "Captivate", "800", "631", "9", "#CCCCCC");
              so.addParam("quality", "high");
              so.addParam("name", "Captivate");
              so.addParam("id", "Captivate");
              so.addParam("wmode", "window");
              so.addParam("bgcolor","#F1F4F5");
              so.addParam("menu", "false");
              so.addParam("allowfullscreen", "true");
              so.addVariable("variable1", "value1");
              so.setAttribute("redirectUrl", "http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash");
              so.write("CaptivateContent");
          </script>

<script type="text/javascript">
              document.getElementById('Captivate').focus();
              document.Captivate.focus();
          </script>

But alas, it seems to be ignoring the parameter altogether.  So I tried this method:

<embed src="untitled.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Still no love.  I've been doing lots of web searching and have read the help but can't find anything relevant to Captivate, only to Flash itself.  I can't imagine fullscreen viewing not being a feature of the program, so the problem must be the user.  What am I doing wrong?