2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2009 1:14 PM by Bernkopf

Burn to folder

I want to burn my DVD to a folder, but it seems to be stuck.  After clicking on the button "Burn" it does nothing. No CPU or HD usage, no message.

My project files are on drive D:, which has about 20GB free space. All other files including Scratch are directed to drive V:, which has about 600GB free space. The video is about 1h14m long.

You can see the settings in the attached file.

Thanks for your help.

J.Bernkopf

• 1. Re: Burn to folder
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's hard to say. 20 gig is barely enough room for the program to function, so that could be part of it.

But I'd also recommend you check to ensure your system is up to date. Especially with Quicktime, per the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416585?tstart=0

Also, some system maintenance will ensure that those 20 gigs of free space are actually free and defragmented.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=0

Beyond that, it could be related to your source files.

Are you seeing a red line above your video clips on your timeline? That's an indicator that you're using a non-standard video format for editing.

Press the Enter key so that Premiere Elements can render these files (The red line will turn green) and see if that makes a difference.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Burn to folder
            Level 1

Dear Steve,

I followed the procedure you recommended, but without any progress.

Then I tried to change the name of the destination folder and the burning to folder worked.

Conclusion: PE doesn't accept the name of a destination folder, if a folder of that name already exists in the destination. Later I verified this several times.

Thank you for your effort.

Best regards

J.Bernkopf