5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2006 6:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

Dreamweaver 8

nmp1
      I don't understand why I am having so many code problems with this version of Dreamweaver 8. Building a site I inserted Flash buttons from the insert bar. When tested in my browsers everything looked and worked fine. Once I uploaded the files to my server...no buttons. I checked with my hosting provider and they responded "script errors". Checking the code I did notice dreamweaver/flash inserted <no script> </no script> at the beginning and end of each button. After removing those tags, re uploading to the server...my text is now missing and one flash button appears. What is up with all of this?????? Can anyone help?
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver 8
          Level 7
          Do you have a URL? Also, make sure you uploaded the actual flash buttons to
          the server...

Dan

"nmp1" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:egr4ca$cbv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I don't understand why I am having so many code problems with this version
          >of
          > Dreamweaver 8. Building a site I inserted Flash buttons from the insert
          > bar.
          > When tested in my browsers everything looked and worked fine. Once I
          > uploaded
          > the files to my server...no buttons. I checked with my hosting provider
          > and
          > they responded "script errors". Checking the code I did notice
          > dreamweaver/flash inserted <no script> </no script> at the beginning and
          > end of
          > each button. After removing those tags, re uploading to the server...my
          > text is
          > now missing and one flash button appears. What is up with all of
          > this?????? Can
          > anyone help?
          >

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver 8
            nmp1 Level 1
            Hi Dan, Thank you for getting back to me. I have discovered my issue has been quite an issue for a lot of people. I am now attempting to install the studio 8 updates for Flash, Fireworks and Dreamweaver. It is clear where to upload the updater file for Flash but no indication of where to upload the dreamweaver update file...obviously, macromedia/dreamweaver but where within dreamweaver? Do you know?
            • 3. Re: Dreamweaver 8
              Level 7
              What are you uploading?

All you really need to upload is the Scripts folder that DW placed in your
              local root folder.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
              ==================

news:egrf1q$nlk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hi Dan, Thank you for getting back to me. I have discovered my issue has
              > been
              > quite an issue for a lot of people. I am now attempting to install the
              > studio 8
              > updates for Flash, Fireworks and Dreamweaver. It is clear where to upload
              > the
              > updater file for Flash but no indication of where to upload the
              > dreamweaver
              > update file...obviously, macromedia/dreamweaver but where within
              > dreamweaver?
              > Do you know?
              >

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver 8
                nmp1 Level 1
                It seems this site is a total waste of my time. In 24 hours I have not been able to get one reliable, helpful hint. Good luck all!
                • 5. Re: Dreamweaver 8
                  Level 7
                  Are you speaking of the site that you are working on or the board? If it is
                  the board that you speak of then are you using a news reader? If not you
                  really should.

Just take a moment and read what Murray and Dan posted and let us know if
                  that helped resolve the issue at hand, if not then let us know. Everyone
                  here is more than willing to help, just give them a chance to.

Back to what Dan asked, do you have a url we can look at? That is the best
                  way to help, we need to see the code. That is unless Murray is now a mind
                  reader? ; )

Rob

news:egrv6j$b28$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > It seems this site is a total waste of my time. In 24 hours I have not
                  > been able to get one reliable, helpful hint. Good luck all!