10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2009 8:39 PM by Cliff Johnson

Hiding the Stage Titlebar in Director 11

Cliff Johnson

I just spent about an hour searching the Director forums to find out how to hide/unhide the titlebar while the published projector is running.

There were two suggestions.

window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible = false

_movie.displayTemplate.titlebarOptions.visible = false

Neither works for me. The projector always defaults to whatever was originally set in Properties.

Once the projector is running, is there a way to hide/unhide the titlebar?

C.J

• 1. Re: Hiding the Stage Titlebar in Director 11
          ginod Level 1

-- if ( i understand your question, you can do that using the movie¬

properties windows to set up that. )

end if

--Regards

--Gino

• 2. Re: I need a dynamic solution
            Cliff Johnson Level 1

I appreciate the reply.

Yes, I understand that the property can be set initially inside the Property Inspector for the Stage before the projector is published.

What I am looking for is a dynamic solution embedded in the code of a published projector so that I can make the titlebar appear or disappear based on a given condition.

if givenCondition = false then

hideTheTitleBar

else

showTheTitleBar

end if

• 3. Re: I need a dynamic solution
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

What you originally posted works for me, I just tried it on Windows XP Pro with a 10, 11 and 11.5 projector.

if givenCondition = false then

window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible = FALSE

else

window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible = TRUE

end if

Perhaps you should provide your platform and whether your movie/executable is published full-screen

• 4. Re: XP Pro & Director 11
                Cliff Johnson Level 1

This is one of those bugs that I am certain has a very simple answer — yet it eludes me.

I have Windows XP Professional and am creating a projector in Director 11. The screen size is 800 x 600 with a visible titlebar and a field for displaying text. The code is shown below.

I publish the projector and then run that projector. When I click the screen, the text 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1 appears in the field, indicating that the value of window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible is changing, but the window titlebar itself remains visible throughout.

Do I need to refresh the window somehow? Or perhaps I am missing an Xtra? (I'm using a stub projector with the Xtras in a separate Xtras folder.)

Even worse, even in runtime, when I use --- put window("stage").titlebarOptions --- what I get is this.

[#icon: (member 0 of castLib 0), #visible: 0, #closebox: 0, #minimizebox: 0, #maximizebox: 0, #sideTitlebar: 0]

Which does not reflect the currect window at all, for I do have a closebox, minimizebox, minimizebox

It is like --- window("stage") --- is not pointing at the stage window at all.

I am humbled.

C.J.

on enterFrame
                end

---

on exitFrame
                  _movie.go(_movie.frame)
                end

---

on keyDown
                  display("DONE")
                  halt()
                end

---

on mouseDown
                  if window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible = true then
                    window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible = false
                    display(window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible)
                  else
                    window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible = true
                    display(window("stage").titlebarOptions.visible)
                  end if
                end

----

on display(S)
                  member("comments").text = S & numToChar(13) & member("comments").text.line[1..20]
                end

• 5. Re: XP Pro & Director 11
                  fazstp Level 2

It would seem that it doesn't work if the _movie.scriptExecutionStyle is set to 9. Even after setting the scriptExecutionStyle to 10 at runtime (on a Mac at least) I am unable to show the titlebar. I tested it in a movie initially set to 10 and the code window( "Stage" ).titlebarOptions.visible = TRUE/ FALSE works as expected. Then setting _movie.scriptExecutionStyle to 9 and trying it again it had no effect.

I guess you would set scriptExecutionStyle to 11? I'm still using MX 2004 so I can't confirm this.

• 6. Re: XP Pro & Director 11
                    Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

I have attached a file named "titlebar.txt" which is, in fact, a zip file (but the attachment list doesn't allow zip files). Please download it and change the extension back to .zip and extract it. It is a D11 projector/movie file that demonstrates what you are trying to do, and works for me.

• 7. _movie.scriptExecutionStyle
                      Cliff Johnson Level 1

TO: fazstp

Whoa, there are only 4 obscure mentions of scriptExecutionStyle in the Director 11 Help.

And, yes, I set _movie.scriptExecutionStyle to 11 and it works. Apparently 10 works as well.

TO: Sean

Thanks for the example which, of course, works. My original project was upgraded from MX 2004 and then I made a copy of that project and cut it down to the bare minimum for my example. Therefore, it still contained a remnant of scriptExecutionStyle = 9 hidden inside it.

THANK YOU BOTH

C.J.

• 8. Re: XP Pro & Director 11
                        ginod Level 1

Works fine to me too ¬

we all win !!

Gino

• 9. Re: _movie.scriptExecutionStyle
                          fazstp Level 2

The docs only seem to mention scriptExecutionStyle 10 but I don't know if the relevant entries were updated. To test the default create a new movie in Director 11 and try put _movie.scriptExecutionStyle in the message window. I guess if setting it to 11 worked anyway it may only check if it is greater than 9.

• 10. _movie.scriptExecutionStyle = 10
                            Cliff Johnson Level 1

Yes, setting _movie.scriptExecutionStyle to 11 defaults it to 10 automatically... so I set it to 10.

Such a simple solution... yet I might never have found it on my own.

THIS FORUM ROCKS.

And to all a good night.

C.J.