1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2009 3:02 PM by Paul_LS

downsizing video resolution?

kaner_88

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie at adobe premiere elements and video editing.  I have a few videos that I am trying to incorporate into my project that was shot on a small pocket-sized flip minoHD 720P camera.  The videos are MPEG-4 (MP4 extension).   When I add one of the videos to my timeline and play the video, the video plays back pretty choppy (audio is fine though).  Now I wouldn't consider my computer to be a media player powerhouse, but I am looking for a way to possibly reduce the resolution of these videos so that they play more smoothly.  Does anyone know if there's a way for Adobe Premiere Elements to do this?  Or if perhaps not the resolution, then something else?  I'm willing to sacrifice some video quality for performance.

Also, I'm sure its probably mentioned somewhere else in the forums, but are there certain video formats which work better with adobe premiere elements (playback and editing-wise)?  Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: downsizing video resolution?
          Paul_LS Level 4

It is more the MP4 format rather than the resolution. You can hit the Enter key on your keyboard to render the video, it should then play smoothly. Otherwise you will need to convert it to another format. Do you wish to maintain the high def 1280x720 or will your ultimate delivery format be standard definition anyway?