3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2009 12:12 PM by si-robertson

Detecting and exiting AIR app

ab_online

I'm using the air.swf API to launch and install an air app from my flex program (swf file) -

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.5/devappsflex/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7e15. html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7c7d

Using the air.swf API and usage model of launching air app from web page, I'm successfully able to install and launch an air app from a flex web app. I'm having trouble with two things though -

1. The versionDetectCallback always returns null. Since i own the AIR app, i have the pubID set to "" (empty) and appID to my app package path (known and tested), i know this is not the problem. Any other reasons why this would be null even when the app is installed and active
      2. I also want to exit out of the AIR app.  Within my air app i call Nativeapplication.nativeapplication.exit () which closes the app but does not remove the app from the process list on windows or from the running processes on mac. Any thoughts on how i can accomplish this?

Thanks.