3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 9:51 AM by wcallou

rotate documents

I am hoping someone can help me solve my dilemma.  I have the latest version of adobe reader and hate it.  It will not let me rotate my documents like the older versions did.  My documents sometimes come upside down (because that's how they were scanned) and I need to rotate it so I can properly read it. There is no rotate button available on the new version whereas there was one on the older version.  Can anyone tell me if there is a trick to this that I am unaware of. If not, is there anyway I can revert back to the older version.  HELP! I'm tired of standing on my head to try to read an upside down document.  

bana42@optonline.net

• 1. Re: rotate documents
          pwillener Level 8

I cannot tell you how to rotate a document, as I have never needed to do that. It is really the responsibility of the people who scan the documents to make sure that they are readable.

Since you don't tell us on what operating system you are, I cannot give you detailed advice on how to uninstall the latest version, then download and install the previous version.

P.S. it is not a good idea to publish your email address in a public forum; there are plenty of spiders around to harvest addresses for spammers. If you can edit your post and remove the address, please do so.

• 2. Re: rotate documents
            Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can rotate the view of the document. Use View > Rotate View ... You can also add the buttons to the toolbar.

• 3. Re: rotate documents

Bernd is correct, the view option is the feature to use here.

Always scan and look into the new toolbar of an upgraded version for features that are still there but named differently now.

The "'Help" section always is a good resouce. Good luck, perhaps you'll learn to love the new version as time goes on.

Hot Buys

Digital Cameras