4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2009 7:41 PM by Michael Borbor

Keeping track of an ended session

Moenizzle

Hi,

I'm writing a flex application in which the user uploads multiple images to the server.  The user associates captions with the pictures and eventually must submit the entire batch as a unit.  If the user, however, closes their browser I would like to delete the uploaded files from the server.  Any idea of how I would accomplish that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Moshe

• 1. Re: Keeping track of an ended session
          Michael Borbor Level 4

Probably you coud handle that on the server, if a user in x time doesn't perform an action you send a request to the user to keep log in and if the user doesn't answer back in a minute you delete the files, or you can keep them until the next session and ask your user if it wants to use those files and if don't delete them

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Keeping track of an ended session
            Moenizzle Level 1

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am using ASP.Net on my server.  Do you happen to know what I would code the server side logic in?  I wouldn't, for instance, do it in a .aspx or .ashx file would I?  Would it require a constantly running web service of some sort?

Thanks again,

Moshe

• 3. Re: Keeping track of an ended session
              Michael Borbor Level 4

A few years ago I stopped using most MS technologies, but the way to go will

be to create session variables in asp.net, so you could embed your Flex app

inside a asp.net file.

2009/4/15 Moenizzle <forums@adobe.com>

Hi Michael,

>

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am using ASP.Net on my server.  Do you happen

to know what I would code the server side logic in?  I wouldn't, for

instance, do it in a .aspx or .ashx file would I?  Would it require a

constantly running web service of some sort?

>

Thanks again,

Moshe

>

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Keeping track of an ended session
                Moenizzle Level 1

Michael,

Again, I appreciate your help.  This will definitely give me some place to start investigating.  My problem is that when I embed the flex application in a .aspx page an calls that my embedded flash app make to, say, an HttpHandler, does not apparently use the same session as the .aspx page (ie. data stored in context.Session doesn't persist from call to call even when I implement IRequiresSessionState in the handler).

Anyway, if you have any other feedback it would be greatly appreciated.  But you've definitely given me a good place to start.

Thanks!

Moshe