4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2009 3:09 PM by lmtroxler

Audio Tracks Help

cschoon

Hello,

Ok I have a wmv file.  Inserted into timeline.  Audio track goes to track 4.  When I unlink and try to move up to audio track one it doesn't move.  It can't drag.  Not sure if I set something up wrong in my sequence, also I notice in audio tracks 1-3 in the upper right hand corner there is like a double speaker icon.  In track 4 there is only a single one and that is where my track seems to be locked.  Sort of new, so is this something to do with like mono versus stereo??  If so how do I change audio tracks 1-3 to mono or just delete them??

Thanks

• 1. Re: Audio Tracks Help

As you have already surmised, the tracks with the double speaker icons are stereo tracks and the one with the single icon is a mono track. You evidently have a  mono audio hence it goes to the mono track; and, as you've discovered, you cannot move a mono audio to a stereo track, nor vice versa.

As to deleting audio tracks, right click on any of the audio box on left, and choose Delete Tracks, and in the pop up box, select Delete All Empty Tracks.

• 2. Re: Audio Tracks Help
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

Sort of new

You will find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
            Eddie

• 3. Re: Audio Tracks Help
              the_wine_snob Level 9

To get your Track order, as you like it, after you have followed the above advice, you can Create New Track, and choose the type, plus where you wish to locate it, relative to your targeted Track. As I always rename my Tracks to reflect their use, only the Track location (in the stack) and the type have meaning to me. Personally, I keep my mono Tracks below (in the stack order) my stereo Tracks, but that is just me.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Audio Tracks Help
                lmtroxler

SOUNDBOOTH and or PREMIERE PRO CS3

I have a questions posed to me about SOUNDBOOTH editing.  How can one either in SOUNDBOOTH or in PREMIERE PRO CS3 - edit the playback - so show beat by beat - is that possible?    I'm not musically inclined.   If I want to cut/edit a sound and match it with a similar of another - how can I go about that?

please email me as i'll forget to check here for replies - lmtroxler@netscape.net