5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 9:28 PM by Sean_Wilson

Browser Window Fullscreen

accellea

dcr on html.

i would like to change browser window fullscreen.

like "StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN" in ActionScript 3.0.

please teach me.

• 1. Re: Browser Window Fullscreen
          accellea Level 1

Flash can change browser window fullscreen.

But, Director(Shockwave) cannot change browser window fullscreen.

i'm waiting Director 12.

• 2. Re: Browser Window Fullscreen
            Gruntbuggly

budapi also allows you to open a window full screen.  I use the plug-in a lot.  You use the "baOpenURL" option, type in the ink, and set the state to "Full", IIRC.

• 3. Re: Browser Window Fullscreen
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

The OP seemed to be talking about Shockwave and Buddy API isn't SW-safe so can't be used there.

• 4. Re: Browser Window Fullscreen
                accellea Level 1

>The OP seemed to be talking about Shockwave and Buddy API isn't SW-safe so can't be used there.

yes.

It has not tried yet though it is thought that it is possible to be likely to do if localconnection(swf and dcr on browser) is used.

(but this approach is tricky)

F11 key hit can browser window fullscreen.

but. The user pushes the button, and I want to make it to fullscreen,like "StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN" in as3.

• 5. Re: Browser Window Fullscreen
                  Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
                  F11 key hit can browser window fullscreen.

but. The user pushes the button, and I want to make it to fullscreen,like "StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN" in as3.

I think this ability is unique to the Flash Player and that the Shockwave Player simply can't do it. If you make a Flash movie fullscreen in the browser and use the Alt + TAB key combination (in Windows) to see what other windows are open, there is an instance of the Adobe Flash Player independent of the browser, and if you TAB to another window it is closed - this is the fullscreen representation of the Flash movie. Even if you messaged a Flash movie in the same page to do this, I expect that all you'd get would be the Flash movie occupying your entire screen with the browser (and Shockwave) left as-is. I think the best you'll get is for your Shockwave movie to scale to fit as much real-estate as is available in the browser window.