Same problem with 10.1.2.45. This issue has been around since Adobe 6! I guess Adobe is just ignoring it.
Reporting queued error: faulting applicatoin AcroRd32.exe, version 10.1.2.45, faulting module AcroRd32.exe, versoin 10.1.2.45, fault address 0x0005e985
I've seen a lot of "me too" on discussion threads but no answers. Anybody?
Did you try repairing the Adobe Reader ? I have Adobe Reader 10.1.2 published on Xenapp 6. I have no issues in using Reader.
When are you getting the application error ? During logging onto the Citrix server or logging onto the web client ?
Also are you getting the same error, if Reader is launched on the Citrix server ?
Actually, I just installed it to a fresh build of Windows 2003 running
Citrix XenApp 5.
Before I rebuilt this server I just ignored the error because no matter
what I did I could not get it to go away (repair, uninstall/reinstall,
update to new version).
I installed Reader 10.1.2 on Windows Server 2003 running Citrix XenApp 5. I'm able to launch Reader and work with it on Windows Server 2003. Also able to launch Reader and work with it from the Citrix Web URL.
As per me, your installation is corrupt. You need to completely uninstall it (either by Add Remove Program or by some 3rd party uninstaller utility)
Perhaps this may help you, http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall
Once uninstalled, reinstall Reader 10.1.2 from www.adobe.com
The problem is not that my users are entirely unable to use reader. Per this thread, the problem is that every time I log in to the server as administrator I have a series of these error messages:
Adobe Reader encountered a problem and needed to close.
This error occurred on (date) at (time)
Please tell Microsoft about this problem
If I click on "To see what data this error report contains, click here" the following information is returned:
szAppName: AcroRd32.exe szAppVer: 10.1.2.45 szModName: AcroRd32.exe
szModVer: 10.1.2.45 offset: 0005e985
In the event log, corresponding errors are reported with this information:
Event ID 1004
Reporting queued error: faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 10.1.2.45, faulting module AcroRd32.exe, version 10.1.2.45, fault address 0x0005e985.
I will re-install just so we can check that off the list. But I have gone through all of this before -- reinstall, upgrade, reinstall again. I finally just gave up and lived with the problem, chalking it up to possible problems with the server. But now that I have reinstalled this server from ground up, I can't chalk it up to a server issue anymore.
Well, looks like it's logon issue, on the server, what do you have listed here:
I have the following,
If there are any Adobe Reader entry (e.g. AcroRd32.exe etc), then I think that should be removed.
I also have CtxHide.exe UsrLogon.Cmd,smstart.exe
Just to verify, you do understand that the errors being reported are queued errors from user activity, right (e.g. not an issue with the administrative login itself)?
I'm also having this error pop op on a 2003 Terminal Server. Every time I try and print a pdf, it throws this error. I've gone through and completely uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe, but no luck.. anybody else have any suggestions?
My AppSetup= contains only usrlogon.cmd
My event viewer error is 1000, and the contents are:
Faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 10.1.2.45, faulting module AcroRd32.exe, version 10.1.2.45, fault address 0x0005e985.
Are you seeing this error only in the event viewer or is there any error message/dialog which appears upfront ? if so can you post the error dialog image ?
Also on what are all actions, the errors are seen, e.g. printing a pdf, any other ?
There was an error thrown whenever I tried to print from the 3rd party application which then forcibly quit Adobe.
I didn't have time to fully troubleshoot this problem as this was happening in a production server, so I reverted to 8.x fully updated and the problem went away. I'm assuming at this point it was related to protected mode having some issues with the software.
Unfortunately, I inherited this system, which has all TS users given full admin rights (I hate software that sysadmins need to sledgehammer to make work properly), so I can't determine if somebody accidentally/inadvertently installed an update to either Adobe or Windows that caused this to break (was working last week).
Thanks for replying Subrato
ugh.. this is on a Terminal Server.. printers are (necessarily) added upon login - trying to add a share name is not a solution to this problem.. but hopefully now that Adobe has admitted there is a problem, they'll come out with a fix soon.
Thanks for your assistance Subrato