• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variables Inside a variable in CFmail?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!  Thanks in advance for the help on this...

I'm trying to submit an email with a variable in it.... example:

<cfmail to="#camperdetails.cEmail#" from="sepcampapp@seprevived.com" username="sepcampapp@seprevived.com" password="xxxxx" server="xxxxxx" subject="#msubject#" type="html">
#campdetail.camperaccept#
</cfmail>

However, the camperaccept variable is dynamic and has variables stored inside.  For instance, it could have #campdetail.campername# in it.

Whenever I receive a test email on this, the #campdetail.campername# comes across just as that, as text, rather than pulling down the actual variable.  I've tried using the <cfoutput> tags as well.

Any thoughts on how to make that content actually dynamic?  The problem is that I can't just parse out the variables because those variables are user defined, so they have to be pulled from a database entry.

Let me know if you have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

JE

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Answered the other day in another list:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416669?tstart=0

The idea is to use the evaluate() and de() functions together to do this sort of thing until such a time as one can rework such problematic code.

<cfmail to="#camperdetails.cEmail#" from="sepcampapp@seprevived.com" username="sepcampapp@seprevived.com" password="xxxxx" server="xxxxxx" subject="#msubject#" type="html">
     #evalute(de(campdetail.camperaccept))#
</cfmail>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answered the other day in another list:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416669?tstart=0

The idea is to use the evaluate() and de() functions together to do this sort of thing until such a time as one can rework such problematic code.

#evalute(de(campdetail.camperaccept))#
</cfmail>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation